洗手液&英文外刊,为了生存,咖啡馆转行做洗手液

展开全文We have thousands of customers who come in each day.我们每天都有,上千的顾客。Covid-19 has been devastating.新冠肺炎是毁灭性的。Weve had to
展开全文

We have thousands of customers who come in each day.

我们每天都有,上千的顾客。

Covid-19 has been devastating.

新冠肺炎是毁灭性的。

We've had to temporarily close half of our cafes.

我们不得不暂时关闭了一半的咖啡馆。

Business is down about 80 percent right now.

现在,生意减少了80%。

Normally it's our customers come in, we know their names,they're coming in to get a cup of coffee, and that's gone right now.

正常情况下,我们的顾客进来,我们知道他们的名字,他们来买咖啡。但是,往日已逝。

If you look around, this is where we bottle all of the syrup, the vanilla syrup, the chocolate syrup, the chai syrup, that goes into the drinks that we serve in our cafes.

如果你环顾四周,这是我们装糖浆的地方,如香草糖浆、巧克力糖浆、印度奶茶糖浆,这些糖浆都会兑入咖啡馆提供的饮品中。

So here we are.We're surrounded by all of this equipment.

情况就是这样。我们被这种设备所包围。

It's pretty cool that we re repurposing it to make sanitizer.

改用这种设备生产消毒剂很酷。

There was a huge shortage here in Washington DC,and there was literally nobody making it.

在华盛顿,消毒剂很紧缺,几乎无人生产。

And the DC mayor, Mayor Bowser reached out to us,and she actually asked if we could repurpose some of our equipment,to make hand sanitizer for the DC government.

华盛顿市长鲍泽找到了我们,她问我们是否可以重新利用我们的一些设备,为特区政府生产洗手液。

So our first major order was a thousand gallons of sanitizer, that we delivered to the DC government.

所以,我们的第一个大订单是1000加仑的洗手液,我们把它送到了特区政府。

We started making a hand sanitizer about March 15.

大概在3月15日,我们开始生产洗手液。

Every day, we make about 2,400 bottles, and basically at the end of the day that's gone,it's already on a truck, and it's going, it's going to our customers.

我们每天大约生产2400瓶洗手液。基本上,一天结束时,洗手液已完成装车,将送往客户手中。

We're hoping that it'll be a profitable endeavor here in a few months,as sales continue to grow.

我们希望,随着销售额继续增长,几个月后,这将是一个收益可观的尝试。

Hand sanitizer is 100 percent keeping Compass afloat.

Compass咖啡馆一定 会因洗手液继续营业。

Before this, we had 190 employees.

肺炎之前,我们有190名员工。

We've had to lay off 80 percent of people.

我们已经解雇了80%的员工。

So we're down to a team of 39 people.

所以,只剩下39人。

And hand sanitizer is about a third to a half of that.

生产洗手液只需三分之一到一半的员工。

And so every day, this is making a huge impact on our company and on Washington DC.

因此,每一天,这都深刻地影响着我们公司和华盛顿特区。

At a personal level, having something to accomplish every day,to wake up, get dressed and come to work, is very meaningful.

就个人而言,每天都有一些事情完成非常有意义,如起床、穿衣和上班。

But it's even more meaningful to be doing it to support your neighbors,support the health care staff, so it feels very rewarding.

但更有意义的是做这些事情来支持你的邻居,支持医护人员。所以,这非常值得。

And I think looking back on this time in the future,we'll know that we did our part for our community.

我想,以后回顾这段时间时,我们会知道,我们为社区做出了自己的贡献。

Like so many other businesses,we've completely had to change our plants,and we' ve completely had to modify the way,that we think about what we do in the role that we play in the community.

就像很多其他行业一样,我们必须彻底改变我们的工厂,必须彻底改变我们思考自己在社区中角色的方式。

Without a doubt we' re a hundred percent going to survive.

毫无疑问,我们一定会存活下来。

本文来自投稿,不代表长河网立场,转载请注明出处: http://www.changhe99.com/a/AEd4ADQK6o.html

(0)

相关推荐